The name’s Mickey. Mickey Smith. Defending the earth.
And that’s what I call character development.
But why did they have to turn Martha into the scared one to do it though. They could’ve just been like ‘fuck yeah let’s do this together’
Sorry… I don’t normally do this, but this scene actually matters a lot to me. It’s my second favourite of the goodbyes in that episode (the first being Rose).
This moment isn’t about fear. While the evil alien was still shooting at them, Martha never showed any fear (neither did Mickey, for that matter). She was thrilled, laughing, and having a fantastic time.
The moment that is giffed on the right above is after the Sontaran has been dispatched and Martha and Mickey are seeing the Doctor and recognizing that he’s saying goodbye. It’s not about fear, not of dying, but fear and upset on behalf of the Doctor, and Mickey isn’t protecting her, he’s comforting her.
This gifset, to me, isn’t about Mickey becoming brave, even though he did. It’s about Mickey becoming an adult. On the left, he is a submissive member of the relationship, seeking comfort when he’s afraid. In the second, he’s an equal member of the relationship, offering comfort when he and his partner are upset. Because that’s what adults should do.
In addition, Martha turns to Mickey not simply, to my mind, to seek comfort, but also because she knows that he will need comfort as well. Because the Doctor means a lot to both of them.
its 5:20 but im gonna watch GBBO because i make good life choices
Wait but hear me out
- ravenclaws that hate studying and procrastinate every assignment
- hufflepuffs that curse like sailors and that look like they could definitely fuck you up if they wanted to
- slytherin that are really nice and sweet who constantly ask how your days going and if you need help with something
- gryffindor that are scared to kill the spider in the corner of their rooms because who knows if that shit can fly or if it’ll attack you
"I think about you. But I don’t say it anymore."
we dont talk enough about alison beth and cosima before sarah find them like
- beth teaching them how to hold a gun and alison acting like an A grade student while cosima is trying to spin the gun around her finger like they do it in movies
- beth praising alison for doing a good job and rubbing her shoulders and then looking at coisma and her eyes widening in horror bc cosiMA THAT GUN MAY NOT BE LOCKED and you can hear alisons pitched scream in the background
- coisma wiggling her eyebrows at beth when she catches her checking alisons but and beth just snorts
- cosima catching alsion checking beths but too and making kissy noises while alison is trying desperately to shush her before beth hears
- beth yelling at cosima bc of smoking pot and going about how she could not do it in her presence so she can at least pretend that she doesnt know about it and cosima being like dude, you have a crush on your clone, you better take a hit too and beth wanting to rip her throat out
- but in the end she just annoyedly sits next to her all pouty and angry but takes a hit even tho cosima is wrong
- cosima doing her victory dance when she catches beth and alison making out for the firts time
20k Theme by Tukut
I hit 20k followers today!!! so to thank you guys, I decided to spruce up my personal theme and release it. It’s pretty simple, super easy to customize and has lots of useful features. It’s also compatible with tumblr’s new mobile layout! Send me an ask if you encounter any issues. Thanks again everyone, I hope you enjoy it :-D